Thursday, February 11, 2010

BioShock2? Borderlands still wins!


Last night, Dustin brought Raynor BioShock2 because Raynor purchased a whole gift set that included a hard back book with the games artwork, a CD with the soundtrack, an LP with the score on it, 3 posters, a cool box, etc. So needless to say the boys were really excited about it. So while they played I took some notes.The artwork is indeed very beautiful. Probably too beautiful, put there to distract from the main objection. As Raynor was "oohing" and "aahhing" at beautiful coral and oceanic views, "Big Sister" attacked by surprise and he almost died. These young girls are given Submarine men with giant drills as their "Daddies" who are meant to protect them.



However, for some reason Sofia Lamb aka "Lamb" (left) does not like that. Numerous times throughout the game she comes over the intercoms saying that she will find you and kill you. I'm sure it would help if I 1.) knew the background story or 2.) saw them play the first BioShock.

She has to tell these men that they are not the girls' fathers and tries to kill them or makes them kill themselves, no matter how much they want to protect their daughters.

I admit, I fell asleep. It lacked adventure. Aside from a few attacks here
and there, it's mostly wandering around.



However, like I said, the artwork is beautiful....


Borderlands I like a lot more because it is wide open and a lot simpler for me to understand. It is a first person shooter role play game. (role-playing shooter). You can chose to play as a soldier, a hunter (which is my character), a siren (a woman who can become invisible on command) or Brick (I'm not sure exactly what his character does). Also, the artwork is very unique, very comic book.

What I like about being the Hunter is I get a trusty pal - a Bloodwing (above left)! When running through Pandora, a desert area that is being taken over by Bandits and Skags (Skagzilla is pictured above. He is a scary mofo fo sho!), I can throw my bloodwing out and he will do a lot of fighting with me! As he gets stronger, he is able to kill more enemies and collect rewards from them as well, such as money. The game itself can get pretty intense, as you are constantly bombarded by enemies (notto the same extent as Call of Duty, thank God). Also, there are 15 million weapons in Borderlands, making every weapon you find unique.

So personally, there is no comparison. Borderlands has stolen my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment